Thursday, July 5, 2007

Crazy Black Man at Our Door




Just the other day at about 3 in the afternoon the doorbell rang. Now when the doorbell rings in the Bedford household chaos ensues...Nala barks, Joshua squeals and I pray that Noah doesn't wake up...thank goodness he is a good sleeper because sometimes I think the Fedex and UPS guys have a delivery radar during his naptime...or maybe I just need to curb the internet shopping. Anyway I peer out of the window on our front door to see this tall, bald black man hiding in a corner on my porch. Okay I will admit I did have a split second of pure terror then I saw the big whites of his eyes and no it was not a mass murder is was LEROY JORDAN!! For those of you who do not know Leroy..he is a dear friend of ours from the Cayman Islands. Leroy is the employee you hope you encounter during your vacation....extremely friendly and willing to do about anything to please a guest.



So you can imagine my astonishment at his suprise visit...wait aren't you supposed to be in Cayman...how are you in Orlando...and why did you not call us. Leroy relishes in the art of suprise and was connecting through Tampa on his way to see his family in Canada.




In true Leroy style we had to go and surprise Mark at work as well. I couldn't just call and say "Guess who showed up on our doorstep". We ended up having dinner at the Hyatt and soon discovered that Leroy is magical with children. Joshua was entranced by him and Noah was quiet in his arms. Well, Leroy is a really a kid at heart!

No comments: