Saturday, August 4, 2007

The Best Surprises Come When Least Expected


It's funny the best moments in life are sometimes those that you least expect, and those surprises usually come just when you need them....Take in point another wonderful person showing up at the Bedford household. Mark informed me last weekend that he would be cooking dinner Tuesday night. Okay that is odd considering he barely gets home in time to tuck the two munchkins in bed...let alone in time for him to cook and eat dinner. Mmmmm somethings fishy...then he came slightly clean and said that there was a surprise "family" coming over for dinner on Tuesday night. He was sworn not to even tell me that anyone was coming...however if you saw what my house sometimes looks like at around 6pm some days...you'd give me the heads up too.

So I racked my brain for a good 48 hours pondering who this "family" could be. I was filled with excitement as I anxiously awaited this mystery guest coming Tuesday evening. Mark said he would be arriving with the said "mystery guests" at 7pm...and of course at 6:50pm Joshua sees his neighbor friend Mariah on the wooden bridge near our house and demands to go look for fish in the lake near us. Try telling a two year old to wait in the house when a playmate is outside...okay most likely they will be late. However right on time...so I missed the grand entrance but came home to see our dear friend Brigitte Brown on our front porch. She was up in Orlando for a meeting and decided to surprise me! I was sooooo happy to see B2. We had asked her to be Noah's Godmother and were wondering when we were going to get to Grand Cayman to have the two meet.

Here is a picture of the two of them sharing their first cuddle. This is the happy part...the sad part is that I set both of our cameras on the arm of the couch which soon got kicked by Noah and down went our cameras onto the concrete porch. Yeah, my camera now works if you hold it together and not sure about Brigitte's, but it didn't look promising.

Anyway broken cameras aside it was a great night catching up with B2. She is really fun, sophisticated, and a true gem of a person. I love that she can still maintain a sense of style amidst the chemo. We think of her often and pray that this 2nd round of chemo kicks the cancer.

No comments: