Saturday, August 4, 2007

Catching up with the Campbell's

If there ever was a family I would want to get adopted by it would be the Campbell's. If I had two words to decribe them it would be fun and genuine. I met April Campbell my sophomore year at Penn State when she rushed Gamma Phi Beta. April possesses a wonderful smile and cheery disposition...being around April is never a downer. Her brother Matt also went to Penn State and besides also having the great Campbell disposition he possessed good looking friends. April's parents Ron and Phylis both had graduated from Penn State and came up often for games and to see their kids. They were always fun to be around. One spring break we road tripped to the Campbell compound in Atlanta and not only did they play beer pong, Phylis made the BEST breakfast casserole. I still dream about it...it was that good.
Many years have passed since those treasured years at Penn State, but the Campbells have stayed present in our lives. April lived with me in Hilton Head the summer I met Mark. She then moved out to the Pacific Northwest and met an equally wonderful person in Tim Slinger. April stood next to me the day I got married and Phylis sends us an anniversary card every year. Mark and I carry a special place in our hearts for the Campbell clan.
So with that said you can imagine our excitement when we discovered that Ron would be attending a conference in August at the Hyatt Grand Cypress where Mark works! As excited as Mark and I were...Joshua was over the moon...he had met Phylis in February when we went to visit her on the Palm Coast. She has those wonderful grandmother instincts and Joshua loved her instantly. He's always asking "When is Aunty Phylis going to come play with my toys?"
Without family nearby it was really refreshing to catch up with Ron and Phylis who feel like family.



Here is Phylis at the Hyatt pool with Joshua.





Here
she is with Noah at our house.

No comments: